Monday 10 February 2014

Singing in the Rain

 
It's very difficult to keep singing in the rain this week.  With two small boys who need at least six miles of exercise a day, it can feel as though the walls are closing in on us after a while.  It's all very well having the right gear for spending time outdoors, but when it's wet and there's an icy wind, it's just no fun for anyone after about half an hour.  Still, our home isn't flooded and our river has only burst its banks where it should (the water meadows).

I'm not sure in which direction to take this blog; I suppose I'm still finding my voice.  Should I talk about domestic details and my family, or post about craft projects, or other things entirely?  Should I be funny, or serious, or both?  It seems everywhere I look someone has done it before and is doing it so well. But who cares about that?  Well, I do.  But I'm going to have to ignore those feelings of inadequacy and just keep going.  I will keep singing in the rain. Till I feel happy again.  Ha!  

(Picture above is of a work of art, called, I think The Blackbird Sings.  Follow the link to look at the artist's work.  You'll be glad you did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment